Monday, August 22, 2011

Mickey Mouse

So coming up with party plans is harder than I thought it would be.  I am hoping for a friend's birthday we actually two.  Sweet Pea will get one here at our house and then when her Papa gets home from deployment she will get one there.

The one by our house is September 24 at 11:00 am.  Planning before nap so hopefully everyone has fun!  We are planning a pinata the big fun of the day!  I am going to cut out meat, cheese, and bread in Mickey heads and everyone can make their own sandwich.  Hubby is planning a cake of Mickey for her and I think we will also have some cute cupcakes that I found while searching for more ideas.

I am going to have coloring pages for the kids with crayon for them to take home and color while there.  Hidden Mickey heads will be places to see who can find the most.  Being most of the kids will be between ages 2 to 4 I have to keep things simple.

We are asking everyone to come and play no gifts needed.  She has nothing she needs and is so little that she will not know any better.  I really am just hoping to make a special day for her.  Last year it was just her grandparents from both side and her Auntie Julu.  It was fun but this year now that she has friends from playgroup and day care hoping to have a day with them all.

I am not sure if it is the loss of Dragonfly that has this party meaning so much to me or what.  But out of everything I have done for my kids other than giving birth this is seeming to be one of the most important things lately to me.  I know that she is still so young and will know no difference if she has a party, small, big, themed, or not but I will and I need to do this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment