Friday, August 19, 2011

Two Years Already

As the summer comes to a close with the county fair this weekend and the State fair next week it makes me realize that next month is September!  Wow where have the last 2 years gone!  Our Sweet Pea will be 2!  How is this even possible really?  I can not believe that my 5 pound 13 ounce tiny peanut will be a whole 2 years old.

Everyone tells you as you are growing up and complaining that time is going so slow that is speeds up once you are older.  You never believe these people until you have kids.  I swear that it was just yesterday we were heading to the hospital in the middle of the night to have her.

I can still remember her coming out and never crying!  All the doctors and nurses rushing into the room.  I think in that little room there were over 8 people without counting Hubby and I that were working on her and trying to get her to cry.  Scariest moments in a mommy's life!  Then we heard those words that she needed to sent to Children's Hospital!

Wow everything seemed so perfect the whole pregnancy and labor that you never thought a baby born on her due date would need the NICU!  It felt like forever to have the team from the NICU get there they were about 2 hours away but that is by speed limit car.  Not red lights and siren ambulance.

The "space ship" they loaded my princess in to take her away from me just hours old was heartbreaking.  Why could she just not cry?  Really don't most baby just get pissed off and cry.  Nope not mine.  She had possible fluid on the lungs.  They gave her antibiotics for pneumonia and kept her for 4 days.

You would never know looking at my almost 27 pound 23 month old that she spent a few days in the NICU for pneumonia and low birth weight.  She is a healthy, sassy, spunky toddler now!

We are planning a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party theme.  She will be so excited for her party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment